Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Photo Peach: Thanksgiving

         I believe that when students engage in hands-on activities they are better able to recall what they have been taught.  One of the highlights of our Thanksgiving lessons was making the fun arts and crafts.  The activities that I used were not my original idea.  Instead,  I found them on Pinterest and pinned them to my Thanksgiving board.  My goal with each project was to reinforce the events of the first thanksgiving and the importance of being thankful.  Three activities that I think the children enjoyed the most were making Tom Turkey disguised as Pigeon, the First Thanksgiving Fact Pumpkin, and the Thankful Pie.  The students seemed to enjoy making them and they especially liked that they were able to be creative. 

     To showcase our activities I made a Photo Peach video of the students' work.  Click here to view our video.
First Thanksgiving Fact Pumpkin
Tom Turkey
Thankful Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment